A simple way to block access to the internet per application
|NetGuard - no-root firewall
|Marcel Bokhorst FairCode BV
|Sep 30, 2023
|Get it On
NetGuard is an internet security app, which offers simple and advanced ways to restrict apps’ access to the internet.
Applications and addresses can individually be allowed or denied access to your Wi-Fi and/or mobile connection. Root permissions are not required.
Blocking access to the internet can help:
• reduce your data usage
• save your battery
• increase your privacy
• Simple to use
• No root required
• 100% open source
• No calling home
• No tracking or analytics
• No advertisements
• Actively developed and supported
• Android 5.1 and later supported
• IPv4/IPv6 TCP/UDP supported
• Tethering supported
• Optionally allow when screen on
• Optionally block when roaming
• Optionally block system applications
• Optionally notify when an application accesses the internet
• Optionally record network usage per application per address
• Material design theme with light and dark theme
• Log all outgoing traffic; search and filter access attempts; export PCAP files to analyze traffic
• Allow/block individual addresses per application
• New application notifications; configure NetGuard directly from the notification
• Display network speed graph in a status bar notification
• Select from five additional themes in both light and dark version
There is no other no-root firewall offering all these features.
If you like to test new features, you can participate in the test program: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/eu.faircode.netguard
All required permissions are described here: https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/blob/master/FAQ.md#user-content-faq42
NetGuard uses the Android VPNService to route traffic to itself, so it can be filtered on-device instead of on a server. Only one app can use this service at the same time, which is a limitation of Android.
The full source code is available here: https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard
Download NetGuard APK MOD (Pro Unlocked) v2.325
You are now ready to download NetGuard - no-root firewall for free. Here are some notes:
- Please check our installation guide.
- To check the CPU and GPU of Android device, please use CPU-Z app